CDG Builders is seeking a Project Engineer with experience in tenant improvement projects.
The Project Engineer has the responsibility of assisting the Project Manager or Estimator. They perform contract administration support, follow submittal, RFI, and change order processes; interpreting drawings and specifications; assisting in quality control, tracking labor, materials and equipment, estimating work in place, and assuring the integrity of the project plan. The Project Engineer must understand all details of the project to ensure that nothing is overlooked.
- Preparing complete, accurate and timely submittal logs.
- Accountable for receiving approved submittals from A&E.
- Manage RFI logs and distribute responses.
- Assist project team in managing punch list.
- Assist Project Manager by preparing all necessary back up relating to change requests.
- Responsible for timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract.
- Distribute contract documents to subcontractors.
- Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners.
- Take accurate and complete meeting minutes and distribute.
- Attend Owner/Architect pre-bid, project and closeout meetings.
- Solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposals.
- Prepare correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc.
- Proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety.
- Maintain customer relations and conduct project meetings.
- Perform quantity take off’s.
- Must be a leader.
- Possess strong negotiation, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Display strong written and oral communication skills and employ effective listening skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve and make decisive decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.